Mr. 3000

First Yankee to achieve 3000 hits!







Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ernie Harwell The VOICE OF BASEBALL


Mr. Harwell when I was a little boy and my father was at work (he worked the night shift) your love for baseball and the call of the game brought years of happiness to my youth and the understanding of a game even at a young age.
If God ever created a Baseball voice it was Ernie Harwell, he called the Tiger games for 42 years.
I remember when I was younger putting on the radio and going through the station finding the Tiger broadcast. I was not a Tigers fan but the way Ernie called a game made it ok to listen to any baseball game. He was the voice of the Tigers and a legend, he could tell a story better than anyone. His description of a game made you believe you were at Tiger stadium,. He was a genius and ahead of his time, and at the age of 92 he left us.
Leaving us with great ALCS and ALDS memories all while telling a story, He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment